Some people might say there are a lot more reasons to do the Walk to Tuk challenge, but here are our six undeniable reasons why you should participate this season!
- It’s fun and free! There is no cost associated with Walk to Tuk. Your office can make a bunch of teams and challenge each other to see which group can get to Tuktoyaktuk or get the furthest.
- It’s all the motivation you need to stay active! NWT Winters are very cold and dark. The Walk to Tuk provides a great reason to keep moving and go outdoors.
- You could win amazing prizes! Walk to Tuk has many fabulous prizes you can win if you participate: weekly prizes, grand prizes, photo submission prizes and much, much more.
- It promotes wellness! Moving your body for as little as 15 minutes can be very beneficial physically and mentally. Just 15 minutes of activity can lower blood pressure and stress levels and improve your heart and lung health.
- Kids can participate! You can enter a team as a family or as a classroom or school. When kids are active, it improves their concentration, supports physical and cognitive development, and gets them much-needed fresh air.
- It’s accessible and adaptable! Walk to Tuk is accessible because many other different activities can be counted for walking minutes. Walk to Tuk does not need any special equipment. If you do at least 15 minutes of continuous, moderate to vigorous activity, it counts as walking minutes. Here are a few activities you can use to log in some walking minutes:
- Kick Sledding
- Lane Swimming
- Zumba or Dance Classes
Overall, you can’t go wrong with participating in Walk to Tuk!
Registration ends January 15, 2024.